Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Goodbye Bangkok, Hello Berkeley!


My time here went too fast... I loved having Bangkok as my travel base, but feel that I did not even have time to settle in to the city with all of my travels!  My host family and I crossed paths last night, as they arrived home at 1am from 6 weeks in American and I left at 4am for America.  Nice to see them at the beginning and the end.  

I also said good bye to all of my Thai friends at the DSI - they took me out to a great "farewell lunch" at Sizzler --- it was nice to get an American burger even before my return.  



I said goodbye to Michelle and Rachel, the Christian women who I had lunch with my very first Sunday in Bangkok - neat to have them be my first vivid memory of Thailand and also one of my last.  



I said goodbye to my sports partner, Sacha, and my one building friend - we went running most mornings in Bangkok (when I didn't have to sleep through our running dates) and played squash or had conversations about politics and religion most evenings, along with his wife and baby, Keita! (here we are at a floating market)



Also feel so blessed I got to see this guy so much - God blessed us with so many awesome trips together, more than we ever expected!


Now there seems to be too much to write and not enough ways to say it... but I hope to be back to SouthEast Asia.  And now straight into law school interview stress, thank you God for this restorative summer!Thailand I will miss your buddhas, your monks, but mostly the Thai people!  The hospitality followed me to the end. 

1 comment: